As we age or if we have recently been hospitalized and are returning home (see Hospital 2 Home), we often will require assistance with things such as walking, personal hygiene, using the toilet, dressing, eating, help with getting in and out of bed or off and on a chair.
Personal care includes assistance with what are referred to as Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). ADLs are activities in which people engage on a day-to-day basis. These are everyday personal care activities that are fundamental to caring for oneself and maintaining independence. Whether due to normal aging or a medical event Optimal Senior Care Solutions can assist with these activities enabling our clients to live comfortably, safely and independently at home.
These services include:
- Personal hygiene: Assistance with bathing, grooming, and dental hygiene.
- Medication reminders: Remind and document what medications need to be taken and when.
- Assistance with walking: Provide standby or close guard (hands on) assist while client is walking.
- Dressing: Help with choosing and putting on or taking off clothes.
- Transferring: Getting in and out of bed, on and off chairs and toilets, in and out of wheelchairs.
- Feeding: Assist client who may not be able to feed themselves. Plan and prepare meals as needed.